Having manufactured & sold Thermite for over a decade, United Nuclear's technicians came up with their own in-house formula which burns hotter and more reliably than standard Red Iron Oxide compounds. Thermite is great for casting metal parts in sand, welding iron together, or cutting through steel sheet. Makes for an awesome chemistry demonstration that your students won't forget.
- Pre-mixed and ready to use, no need for measuring & sifting messy chemicals.
- Easily punctures through steel, titanium, and nickel; burns at a whopping 4500°F!
- Ignition Mix is STRONGLY recommended. Thermite is difficult to ignite on its own (even under a blow torch).
- Pairs well with Magnesium Ribbon.
- Ceramic Plant Pots work well as sacrificial funnels. Thermite is much more potent when focused.
Information Sheet | MSDS
Thermite is restricted to US shipping only. Terms & Conditions apply.