Before you call or email, kindly read the following:
General Information About Our Order Processing
Please keep in mind that ordering from United Nuclear Scientific is not like shopping other on-line stores.
United Nuclear Scientific Supplies, LLC. is a small, privately owned company.
There are a few things you should be familiar with when dealing with us:
1. Although we sell retail scientific supplies, we are primarily a research & development company that does confidential prototype & Government contract work. Sometimes our Government/contract work must take priority over our retail sales. This means that if we are short on an item, we may delay your order to fill a priority Military order.
2. We carry a wide range of difficult to find scientific items. Many of the products we sell are not always available. Many of our more unique, rare & difficult to obtain items sell out very quickly - and may not be available again for weeks, months or even years. It is for this reason that we ship all orders on a first-come, first-served basis. It's also the reason we tell you that if you see a unique item that you are interested in - 'jump on it while it while you can' as it may be gone forever tomorrow. Most items however are normally available on a regular basis and restocked as soon as we run out.
3. We try to keep our website as up to date as physically possible. Due to the nature of internet sales and the way automated shopping carts work, we may run out of a product that several people are buying at the same time - before it actually shows up as 'sold out' on our website. This means that we could not fill your order until our re-stock arrives. We try to prevent this from happening by keeping a close eye on stock and current sales.
4. Many of our products are manufactured by us, by our own craftsman and technicians. Our chemical packaging is not automated and is done by individually, by hand.
5. If you have items in your order that are currently not in stock, we generally hold the order and wait for the missing item(s) to arrive - and then ship the order complete. If it looks like the missing item may not be restocked for a while, we ship what we do have in stock and include a Backorder Slip, notifying you that the remaining items will be along as soon as we get them in.
6. The vast majority of our orders are filled and shipped out within 24 to 48 hours. However, during busy times of the year ( right before & after Christmas ) order processing can take considerably longer. If we get backlogged with orders, it could take a couple of weeks to get to yours. We will always try our best to fill all orders as quickly and accurately as possible.
7. We cannot guarantee delivery dates and obviously have no control over packages after they leave our facility. If you require expedited order processing or are on a tight time schedule, call us and we will try and help - do not email. If we get very busy, email messages may not be checked for 1 or 2 days - which would make your situation worse. We must fill all orders on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot push back someone's order to accommodate yours. Although we certainly would appreciate your business, you might be better off shopping elsewhere if you are on a very tight time schedule.
9. Due to the large amount of Credit Card fraud, orders over $500 can only ship to the the Credit Card billing address. This must be the exact address the Credit Card statements are sent to.
10. We get a large number of packages returned because of inaccurate addresses. Make sure the address you enter is correct. If your package gets returned to us because you entered the address wrong, you will have to pay shipping charges again to have it re-shipped. If you choose not to, your original order will be refunded minus your original shipping charges. We get charged for every time we ship a package, and so will you.
11. Please give us a way to reach you (such as a phone number) in addition to your email. If there is a problem with your order and we cannot get a hold of you, it will sit here forever. We will only contact you if necessary and never give out your number.
12. We will not give any of your order information or any of your contact information to anyone unless we are presented with a court order.
13. You can call or email us if you'd like to check on your order. Keep in mind though that if you paid by a check, we wait 10 business days for the check to clear days before we ship your order. If you provided an email address with your order, you automatically get a tracking number when your order is shipped. Depending on what carrier is delivering your package, you can check the shipment progress by going to UPS.com or USPS.com and entering the tracking number given to you.