Our Intermediate Nuclear Lab Set is powered by rechargeable batteries and may be use either as a portable surveyor or as a lab station. This analog ratemeter system is equipped with a detachable GM probe and stand, 20 piece absorber set, alpha, beta and gamma radioisotope sources, manuals, serial cable and software for connecting to a PC. The system may be used as a stand-alone station or with a computer. The emulation software transfers data from the instrument and allows the system to be used as a simple scaler/timer for more accurate measurements. The ratemeter and scaler functions are displayed on the monitor making the system ideal for classroom and group demonstrations.System components:
Files are saved in spreadsheet compatible format for graphing manipulation and printing.
To ensure the longest half-life possible, all isotopes are fabricated when your order is placed and
shipped directly to you from our NRC licensed nuclear isotope manufacturer in Oak Ridge, TN.
- Ratemeter with PC interface and RADEM software.
- Complete detector assembly with GM probe, stand and cable.
- Serial cable for PC, DB-9S/DB-9M connectors, 6' length.
- Set of three radioisotope sources, 1 ea. Alpha, Beta & Gamma disks.
- Calibrated absorber set, 20 absorbers 5-7000 mg/cm2 range.
- Nuclear Science Experiments Manuals with sample data. CD version.