United Nuclear Policies
1. Although we sell retail scientific supplies, we are primarily a research & development company that does confidential prototype & Government contract work. Sometimes our Government/contract work must take priority over our retail sales. This means that if we are short on an item, we may delay your order to fill a priority Military order. Do you have a retail store I can visit, or pick up my order? How do I order? Where do you ship?
2. We carry a wide range of difficult to find scientific items. Many of the products we sell are not always available. Many of our more unique, rare & difficult to obtain items sell out very quickly - and may not be available again for weeks, months or even years. It is for this reason that we ship all orders on a first-come, first-served basis. It's also the reason we tell you that if you see a unique item that you are interested in - 'jump on it while it while you can' as it may be gone forever tomorrow. Most items however are normally available on a regular basis and restocked as soon as we run out.
3. We try to keep our website as up to date as physically possible. Due to the nature of internet sales and the way automated shopping carts work, we may run out of a product that several people are buying at the same time - before it actually shows up as 'sold out' on our website. This means that we could not fill your order until our re-stock arrives. We try to prevent this from happening by keeping a close eye on stock and current sales.
4. Many of our products are manufactured by us, by our own craftsman and technicians. Our chemical packaging is not automated and is done by individually, by hand.
5. If you have items in your order that are currently not in stock, we generally hold the order and wait for the missing item(s) to arrive - and then ship the order complete. If it looks like the missing item may not be restocked for a while, we ship what we do have in stock and include a Backorder Slip, notifying you that the remaining items will be along as soon as we get them in.
6. The vast majority of our orders are filled and shipped out within 24 to 48 hours. However, during busy times of the year ( right before & after Christmas ) order processing can take considerably longer. If we get backlogged with orders, it could take a couple of weeks to get to yours. We will always try our best to fill all orders as quickly and accurately as possible.
7. We cannot guarantee delivery dates and obviously have no control over packages after they leave our facility. If you require expedited order processing or are on a tight time schedule, call us and we will try and help - do not email. If we get very busy, email messages may not be checked for 1 or 2 days - which would make your situation worse. We must fill all orders on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot push back someone's order to accommodate yours. Although we certainly would appreciate your business, you might be better off shopping elsewhere if you are on a very tight time schedule.
9. Due to the large amount of Credit Card fraud, orders over $200 can only ship to the the Credit Card billing address. This must be the exact address the Credit Card statements are sent to.
10. We get a large number of packages returned because of inaccurate addresses. Make sure the address you enter is correct. If your package gets returned to us because you entered the address wrong, you will have to pay shipping charges again to have it re-shipped. If you choose not to, your original order will be refunded minus your original shipping charges. We get charged for every time we ship a package, and so will you.
11. Please give us a way to reach you (such as a phone number) in addition to your email. If there is a problem with your order and we cannot get a hold of you, it will sit here forever. We will only contact you if necessary and never give out your number.
12. We will not give any of your order information or any of your contact information to anyone unless we are presented with a court order.
13. You can call or email us if you'd like to check on your order. Keep in mind though that if you paid by a check, we wait 10 business days for the check to clear days before we ship your order. If you provided an email address with your order, you automatically get a tracking number when your order is shipped. Depending on what carrier is delivering your package, you can check the shipment progress by going to UPS.com or USPS.com and entering the tracking number given to you.
While we no longer have a retail store, you may arrange in advance to pick up your order at our East Lansing office. Your order must either be paid for on line or you need to bring exact change cash with you (we cannot make change or process Credit Cards at our office). Please call us for details.
Do you accept Purchase Orders?
We accept Purchase Orders from well rated firms & organizations PROVIDED they have previously placed at least one standard prepaid order with us.
Do you wholesale?
We are a retailer only. We manufacture many of our products ourselves - and as we are primarily a research & development company, we do not have the manpower or machinery specifically dedicated for large volume production. On certain items that we do not manufacture on site such as magnets, we can offer volume discounts. Discounts are generally available only for purchases that exceed $500.
Simply click on the add to cart buttons next to each item you wish to purchase. A window will pop up - simply follow the instructions for on-line ordering. Step-by-step ordering instructions for Mail-in payments can be found on our Order Page . You may also phone in an order and pay with your Credit Card by calling: 517-339-3587 (9:00 am - 5:00 pm (Eastern Time), Monday - Friday).
All our products can be shipped within the continental United States. For additional fees, most items can ship to Alaska & Hawaii. Some items can ship worldwide, but a lot of our products (chemicals and radioactive materials for example) are not permitted in other countries. We aslo have no idea what the current regulations are in other countries and foreign Customs has a habit of destroying packages that are not permitted - leaving the customer with no package and no money. For this reason no potentially hazardous items can ship outside the USA. Minimum order outside the USA is $100.00. If you are from outside the USA and wish to place an order, please email us with the list and quantity of the items you would like and your shipping address. We will get back to you with q quote. Orders from outside the USA must be paid for via bank (wire) transfer. Due to the amount of international fraud, Credit cards are not accepted.
How do I get in contact with you guys?
We are open from Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm Eastern Time.
United Nuclear Scientific
16429 S. Upton Rd.
Suite # 1
Laingsburg, MI. 48823
9:00 am to 5:00 pm (Eastern Time) Mon - Fri.
Do you have a retail store I can visit, or pick up my order?
How do I order?
Where do you ship?
Catalogs are not yet available. We had intended on releasing our printed catalog before Christmas but with the move to our new facility, it will probably not be mailed to customers until February. If you'd like a copy, just email us at: email@example.com or call us and we'll get one out to you as soon as they are printed. Please note that our stock changes very rapidly and we may have special items only for a short time. The most up-to-date information on the items we have for sale will always be on our website.
Prices are subject to change without notice. We are not responsible for errors, omissions, global warming, or anything anywhere ever. Aside from the owner, the majority of us here are Human and they do make honest mistakes from time to time.
The required legal fine print:
RELEASE, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
By purchasing any item or items from United Nuclear Scientific Supplies, LLC., the buyer warrants that they will use these items in compliance with their federal, state, and local laws. United Nuclear Scientific Supplies, LLC. may not be held responsible for any non-compliance with these laws or misuse of the products. Any order placed by any means is an agreement to these rules, regulations, and policies