United Nuclear Policies
1. shopping: Although we sell retail scientific supplies & equipment, we are also a research & development company that provides services and products to the Government and Military. Buying from United Nuclear is not like shopping at other online companies or like buying something at Walmart . Many of our items are very difficult to obtain, and sell out quickly - and may not be restocked for quite a while. The vast majority of our stock however is always available, and restocked on a regular basis. In addition, sometimes our Military/Government orders must take priority over our retail sales. This means that if we get in a priority Military order, we may have to delay your order and take items from it to fill the Military order. Do you have a retail store I can visit, or pick up my order? How do I order? Where do you ship?
2. processing: We carry a wide range of unique, rare and difficult to find scientific items. It is for this reason that we must fill all orders on a first-come, first-served basis. It's also the reason we tell you that if you see a unique item that you are interested in - 'jump on it while it while you can' as it may be gone forever tomorrow. Most items however are normally available on a regular basis and restocked as soon as we run out.
3. stock: We try to keep our website as up to date as physically possible. Due to the nature of internet sales and the way automated shopping carts work, we may run out of a product that several people are buying at the same time - before it actually shows up as 'sold out' on our website. If this happens and we run out of an item while you are placing your order, we would not be able to supply that item until our re-stock arrives. We try to prevent this from happening by keeping a close eye on stock and current sales. If your order needs to meet a deadline or is for a birthday present, we recommend you call us before you place your order so we can check stock for you - and if necessary, put an item aside until you order if our supply is low.
4. handmade: Many of our products are manufactured by us, by our own craftsman and technicians. Our chemical packaging is not automated and is done by individually, by hand.
5. backorders: If you have items in your order that are currently not in stock, we generally hold the order and wait for the missing item(s) to arrive and then ship the order complete. We do this to avoid you paying additional shipping charges for multiple shipments. If it looks like the missing item may not be restocked for quite a while, we ship what we do have in stock and include a Backorder Slip, notifying you that the remaining items will be along as soon as we get them in. If you do get a Backorder slip for an item, we do not charge you additional shipping once we are able to ship the remaining item
6. turn-around: The vast majority of our orders are filled and shipped out within 1 to 3 days. However, during busy times of the year or if we get backlogged with a large number of orders, it could take a couple of weeks to get to yours. We will always try our best to fill all orders as quickly and accurately as possible. Things start to get busy around November 1st - the beginning of our Christmas rush. To insure delivery before Christmas, please try and get Christmas orders in by the first of December.
7. shipping: We cannot guarantee delivery dates and have no control over packages after they leave our facility. If you require expedited order processing (additional fees may apply) or are on a tight time schedule, call us and we will try and help - never email when time is critical. If we get busy, email messages may not be checked for 1 or 2 days - which would make your situation worse. We must fill all orders on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot push back someone's order to accommodate yours. Although we certainly would appreciate your business, you might be better off shopping elsewhere if you are on a very tight time schedule. Although we do allow you to choose your method of shipping, the final decision is up to us. for various reasons we may change your method of shipping as needed for legal purposes or due to physical shipping constraints.
9. credit cards: Due to the large amount of domestic Credit Card fraud, domestic orders can only ship to the the physical Credit Card billing address. There are exceptions to this if you are an established customer. If you must ship to a different address, we will have to talk to you to obtain additional information. Your shipping address must be the exact address the Credit Card statements are sent to.
10. international: Due to the large amount of international credit card fraud, we can only accept payment from outside the USA via the on-line payment service, PayPal or by direct wire (bank) transfer. International orders paid for via PayPal may not exceed $500. To place a large value (over $500) international order, simply email us the list of item(s) you would like, the quantity, and your shipping address. We will email you back a price quote with shipping options and payment instructions. International customers are responsible for any import fees, taxes or duties as we have no control over these charges. International customers who refuse to pay import fees when a package is delivered will have their package confiscated by the shipping company and will not receive a refund.
11. accuracy:We get a large number of packages returned because of inaccurate addresses. Make sure the address you enter is correct. If your package gets returned to us because you entered the address wrong, you will have to pay shipping charges again to have it re-shipped. If you choose not to, your original order will be refunded minus your original shipping charges. We get charged for every time we ship a package, and so will you.
12. problems: If you have a problem with your order CALL US - if you only choose to email if you have an important problem, then do so at your own risk. We may be busy and not get to email for a couple of days. Pick up the phone and talk if you need help. Also, please give us a way to reach you (such as a phone number) in addition to your email. If there is a problem with your order and we cannot get a hold of you, it will sit here forever. We will only contact you if necessary and never give out your number.
13. confidential: We will not give any of your order information or any of your contact information to anyone unless we are presented with a court order.
14. check:You can call or email us if you'd like to check on your order. Keep in mind though that if you paid by a check, we wait 10 business days for the check to clear days before we ship your order. If you provided an email address with your order, you automatically get a tracking number when your order is shipped. Depending on what carrier is delivering your package, you can check the shipment progress by going to UPS.com or USPS.com and entering the tracking number given to you.
While we no longer have a retail store, you may arrange in advance to pick up your order at our East Lansing office. Your order must either be paid for on line or you need to bring exact change cash with you (we cannot make change or process Credit Cards at our office). Please call us for details.
Do you accept Purchase Orders?
We accept Purchase Orders on a case by case basis from well rated firms & organizations. Contact Joy in our accounting department directly at: email@example.com for information.
Do you wholesale?
Sorry, no we do not. We are a retailer only. We manufacture many of our products ourselves and do not have the manpower or machinery specifically dedicated for large volume production. On certain items that we do not manufacture on site such as magnets, we can offer volume discounts. Discounts are generally available for purchases that exceed $250 of one particular item.
Simply click on the add to cart buttons next to each item you wish to purchase. A window will pop up - simply follow the instructions for on-line ordering. Step-by-step ordering instructions for Mail-in payments can be found on our Order Page . You may also phone in an order and pay with your Credit Card by calling: 517-339-3587 (9:00 am - 5:00 pm (Eastern Time), Monday - Friday).
All our products can be shipped within the continental United States. For additional fees, most items can ship to Alaska & Hawaii. Some items can ship internationally, but a lot of our products (chemicals and radioactive materials for example) are not permitted in other countries. We also have no idea what the current regulations are in other countries and foreign Customs has a habit of destroying packages that are not permitted - leaving the customer with no package and no money. For this reason no potentially hazardous items can ship outside the USA.
How do I get in contact with you guys?
We are open from Monday - Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Time.
United Nuclear Scientific
16429 S. Upton Rd.
Suite # 1
East Lansing, MI. 48823
9:00 am to 5:00 pm (Eastern Time) Mon - Fri.
Do you have a retail store I can visit, or pick up my order?
How do I order?
Where do you ship?
Catalogs are not yet available. We are still working on our catalog as time permits. If you'd like a copy, just email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us and we'll get one out to you as soon as they are printed. Please note that our stock changes very rapidly and we may have special items only for a short time. The most up-to-date information on the items we have for sale will always be on our website.
Prices are subject to change without notice. We are not responsible for errors, omissions, global warming, or anything anywhere ever. Aside from the owner, the majority of us here are Human and they do make honest mistakes from time to time.
The required legal fine print:
RELEASE, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
By purchasing any item or items from United Nuclear Scientific Supplies, LLC., the buyer warrants that they will use these items in compliance with their federal, state, and local laws. United Nuclear Scientific Supplies, LLC. may not be held responsible for any non-compliance with these laws or misuse of the products. Any order placed by any means is an agreement to these rules, regulations, and policies